Lauren turns 2!!!
My favorite little girl in the whole world turns 2 in a couple weeks. I've been tossing around ideas of what to get her for the last month. Originally I wanted to top off last years awesome gift... (see below)
(No, this is not Lauren, but rather some random kid I found on the Target site)
I couldn't find the actual 4-wheeler that I purchased, but it was similar to the one above. So with all the pressure of getting a better gift I was driving myself insane. My first thought was to get her a miniature pony. I mean really how cool would a pony be for your 2nd birthday!! A real one!!
I don't think Zach was too thrilled with this idea, plus I didn't realize how expensive a little horse would be. Since the pony was no longer an option I recently heard Merrill talking about Fainting Goats that were being sold on craigslist for less than $100. SCORE!!
(If you are unsure what a Fainting Goat is then this link will educate you, plus it's pretty hilarious!)
I was determined now. For practically the whole month of August and most of September, I was trying to arrange a way for Lauren to have her very own Fainting Goat. I'm not quite sure what the Lincoln city limits allows, but I thought if I could just get it up to her for the birthday party it could be house at one of my friends houses in the country. (My friend Beth has a miniature pony and a baby llama so I'm sure she would've took in a fainting goat.)
Well, needless to say, I'm sure Zach wasn't too impressed with this idea either, although it would eat all the pumpkins that have been taking over their yard. UGH...how am I ever going to find a fun gift. I will have to lower my standards and just hope that I can keep my "Favorite Aunt" title. (In which I named myself)
I asked my mom what Lauren needed/wanted for her birthday. Jen had told her that she really likes dress up clothes! Ah ha, I just saw the most perfect outfit on Etsy.com. Lauren is absolutely in love with Mickey Mouse and so this makes that much better!
(Ears included)
I ordered it a couple days ago, and am just hoping that it gets here on time for her birthday party. Although it's not a pony or a goat, I think she'll have fun with it! Maybe next year we'll think about another type of animal!



I love and I am sure Lauren will love it too!!
ReplyDeleteToo cute!! She will LOVE it : ) You know exactly what she likes.
ReplyDeleteAlthough the goat would have been fun and exciting I would be sad to not be able to "keep" her birthday gift - maybe when we move out of town someday (a high school graduation gift perhaps??)
Best aunt status continues!!!
Jes, a perfect gift for the perfect little girl! Great idea!
Delete