Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Poor Yard

We ran into some issues last week after I washed a load of laundry. I went downstairs to check on the load and put it into the dryer when I noticed our whole laundry room was full of water. There were boxes set on the ground that were wet and the carpet I have down there was completely soaked. I waited for Merrill to come home and then let him know what had happened. Of course he says "Well what did you do to that load."....Yes Merrill, I did something to the load that caused this to happen since I've only been doing your laundry for the last 4 years. He took a look at the issue and said that he would call Wrightsman Plumbing and they would be here the next day. So like promised they showed up and spent a couple hours with some sewer machine trying to get it unplugged. They then broke the news to us that they weren't going to be able to fix the issue and it looked as if we needed a new sewer line. Of course, this meant nothing to me and I didn't realize what it all entailed. Needless to say, Nate called Milius Plumbing to have a new sewer line put in on Monday. This is what I came home to...




Along with the mess came a $200 bill from Wrightsman's (Thanks for Nothing) and a $2000 dollar bill from Milius. You would've thought they'd clean up the mess a little better for $2000. I guess we'll have to start all over again saving for Christmas this year.

I spoiled myself buying this door hanger to cheer me up. 


 Here's some bonus Baby pictures of Finleigh....Gosh I just can't get enough of her. No matter how bad my day is I just have to look at her and it makes everything better.



2 comments:

  1. Holy crap! I can't believe the pictures of your yard ... or the bill to fix it! Ouch. Isn't being a homeowner just so fun sometimes? GAH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't believe the hugh mess when I drove by your house.... and you just finished your landscaping this year too. I guess when it rains it pours but on the bright side it could be worse... easy for me to say uh.

    ReplyDelete