Friday, March 29, 2013

It's A...

GIRL!!!


We finally had our gender ultrasound done on Tuesday. I am only 17 weeks along, so in order to find out early we went to a neat little place in Omaha called Stork Vision.

It had a great atmosphere and with the package we had purchased we received a 30 minute video of the entire ultrasound along with a CD of about 120 different poses (pictures, haha)! It was definitely worth the $100.00 we paid.

I will post pictures once I get them uploaded to my computer. It was the neatest experience of the pregnancy so far. I secretly was kind of hoping for a little girl, but would have been happy either way. When we first arrived to the appointment we spent about the first 10-15 minutes trying to get the baby to move in order for the ultrasound lady to tell us the gender. She said that she almost wasn't able to get it moved enough and that she almost had to turn us away. I just would've been heart broken, driving all the way up to Omaha and then having to come back at a later time. Finally, the little girl decided to move and ever since has been moving like crazy (One of the neatest feelings in the world).

I was kind of unsure of what Merrill would be feeling after she announced that it was going to be a girl. But after seeing his grin the last couple of days, I know he's already wrapped around her little finger. 

The ultrasound tech also told us that she hadn't seen a baby in a long time with such long legs....HMM...I wonder where she gets that from ;).

After our appointment, we were anxious to get home and spread the news. We hadn't told our families that our appointment got moved up in time so it was going to be an even bigger surprise when we showed up at their homes. I thought I was going to explode on the 1 1/2 hour trip back from Omaha, but thankfully I was able to call my sister and tell her the wonderful news!!

We got back to town and prior to leaving I had picked up 2 bouquets of balloons. One in blue and one in pink to show up to my parents house with. 
I also picked up a blue and pink teething ring and wrapped them up for Merrill's parents to unwrap.

We surprised both sets of Grandparents with the news of a girl. Everybody was just so sure that we would be having a little boy.

Now it's time for the fun part....the SHOPPING!!

1 comment:

  1. Yipee!! So excited for the two of you : ) Just think of all the fun we are going to have with all our girls, especially come hunting season - and their daddy's are busy!!

    ReplyDelete