Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Joys of Finleigh Joy

I now know the amazing feeling of being a mommy! Finleigh Joy Lindblad surprised us and arrived 2 weeks early on August 27th 2013. She was a tiny little girl weighing in at 6 lbs 4 oz and measuring 18 1/2 inches long.

4 Days old
 
She's the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. Monday night, August 26th, I was having some cramping that was continuous from about 10:30PM till about 1:00AM. Merrill finally talked me into going to the hospital just to get everything checked out. We got checked into the hospital and taken down to Labor and Delivery. The nurse checked me and said that I wasn't going anywhere tonight, which I took as I wasn't dilating. What she really meant was I was already dilated to 6 and would be staying there. The midwife on call came in and broke my water which was an experience in itself. After that I was dilated to a 7, and was given the opportunity to get an epidural. I seriously contemplated the idea of not getting one since I had already made it this far, but I thought about how much I would rather enjoy it than being in pain and decided to get one. After about 30 min. of pushing she was here at 8:05AM. I didn't have any pain during labor and was expecting it to be worse than it actually was. I'm so lucky that everything went so smoothly and we had such a healthy little girl. She passed all her tests with flying colors which relieved Mommy and Daddy.


1 Day old
 
We couldn't be happier to add this beautiful little girl into our family. More pics to come!
 

4 comments:

  1. Welcome Finleigh!! Can't wait to watch her grow up : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Welcome to the world, Finleigh! We can't wait to meet you in person. Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a child is the most amazing experince you will ever have in your lifetime. Fun to watch them grow and fun to teach them their direction in life. We are so happy for you and Merrill. What a beautiful baby girl, she is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jes she is so precious and such a little peanut!! I look forward to seeing more photos of her! Congrats again to you and Merrill :)

    ReplyDelete